Click HERE for TUTU blog.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My niece and nephew

Thought I would share a little bit of why my heart melts for adoption. My sister, Heather and her husband Tom, who I owe so much credit to for helping me get to where I am, adopted 2 children from China. Ella was about 18 months old when we got to bring this precious girl into our lives 5 years ago, and Ian was 3 1/2 when they brought this beautiful boy home not quite a year ago. Both are so full of life and we cannot imagine our lives without them. It makes me tear up all the time when I think about the fact that if Tom and Heather wouldn't have had a heart for adoption and followed that heart, that my wonderful niece and nephew could possibly still be orphaned.

After they brought Ella home, Kenton and I talked about how we knew we would do that someday. So, I want to thank my sister and brother-in-law for following their hearts which eventually put a little tug in ours.

 I mean...look at their pictures. Can you imagine them as orphans? I sure can't!

1 comment: